Sunday, July 01, 2007

Well done England

I like the image. The first time I saw it it took me a moment to work out what it was all about, then I realised it's a great spoiler!

On an unrelated but important topic, well done England for following the lead of your neighbours in introducing a total smoking ban in workplaces and enclosed spaces. I'm going to a wedding in Kent in a couple of weeks time, and this is the sort of thing that makes all the difference. I won't have to have my suit cleaned after being in a smoky hotel, and I'm unlikely to need an asthma inhaler during the reception!

On other unrelated but even more important matters, I see that they now have four in custody having arrested two people on the M6 yesterday in connection with yesterday's terrorist attack (as it has now been confirmed) at Glasgow airport, and houses in Renfrewshire are being searched. In Houston in fact, which is not too far from where I used to live. Sounds like progress is being made in the enquiry, which is encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment