Saturday, June 23, 2007

Peanuts

In my formative years I was a big fan of Snoopy and the Peanuts gang and although I didn't have all the books, my mate Dougie being well ahead of me in that regard, I had a fair sized collection.

Not sure how I would have reacted if I'd seen the cartoon on the right at the time though! Lucy and Shroeder's relationship always was a bit puzzling, but maybe this clears it up.

A bit light on postings recently, for which I'm sorry, but there are good reasons, which are not to be specified here and now. Maybe in time all will become clear. Maybe not.

Went on a wee bike ride this morning, over the Erskine Bridge, along to Greenock where, as an aside, there's currently a fuck-off sized cruise liner berthed at the Ocean Terminal which is quite the biggest ship I think I've ever seen in the flesh. If ships have flesh. Very impressive. Down the coast via Wemyss Bay and Largs to Troon and then back up the A77 to Glasgow. Thick end of a hundred miles or thereabouts. Quite enjoyable.

Still not missing the cathedral or the choir. Slightly missing singing though, just not at that particular place. Don't know what I'll do about that though, if indeed I do anything. Might think about looking for somewhere else to sing but not a church I think. A chamber choir sort of thing maybe, but certainly not a big chorus or choral society type of shite. Had crossed my mind to sound out the possibility of approaching a choir in which I used to sing, but I'm not sure if I actually want to. At the end of the day I'm currently taking an indeterminate period of time away from the cathedral and having done it before and not enjoyed it I know I don't want the commitment of singing in more than one choir at a time so I'm not sure if it's fair to join a choir when I might not be available for as long as I'd like. That was a bit rambling, but what the hell!

No comments:

Post a Comment