Sunday, May 18, 2008

My favourite syndrome

I'm thinking of putting in for a transfer to the establishment served by the bus stop on the right! It'd be fucking brilliant. Oops! There I go again! Bollocks!

It was taken in Marseilles the other week, and I couldn't resist it. I promise I'll grow up one of these days. Maybe when I turn 50. Or maybe not.


On an unrelated topic, good luck to all of those running this morning in the Glasgow women's 10k road race, particularly those raising money for charity, and particularly to RE and her colleagues who can be sponsored (it isn't too late folks) by following the link on my previous post about it.

It's turned out to be a nice morning, and although it's a bit chilly it is dry and bright, so conditions look good. He said, never having run competitively (or otherwise, really) since leaving school some several years ago. Or it might have been slightly more than several.

Incidentally, what do you think about the new widgit I've installed on the left giving real time details of who's visiting the Blog? Intrusive eh? I like it! It just utilises what your browser already reveals to the world and looks up a database to work out the city you're in, nothing more. If there's a big wodge of negative comments about it I'll consider removing it again.

On a related topic, take a look at the Centralops Website to see what your browser really reveals! In particular look for the link to the browser mirror, but before you do so, try copying some text to your clipboard, such as your name or something, and then look at the browser mirror and scroll to near the bottom. You might find a surprise because often Internet Explorer is set up to reveal what's on your clipboard to any Website that asks for it. Think about that next time you're copying and pasting private information around Word documents, online banking etc!

It's easy to fix so that it isn't accessible, and if anyone wants the instructions posted, just leave a comment. You can find out how to do it by searching on the Microsoft Windows Website, like I did a few years ago, but I think I've still got them to hand so could post them easily enough. And as far as I know, if you're using Firefox, like wot I am, you're safe, but if for some obscure reason you're still using Internet Explorer, then you may be vulnerable.

Every day's a school day.

No comments:

Post a Comment