Saturday, July 15, 2006

Swashbucklin' and sore heads

Just spent an excellent day with a friend (TK) at Glasgow's River Festival. Arrhhh, me hearties! There be Pirates at that there festival! Well there were some replica pirate ships anyway. Also there, and we met up briefly, were GS and GS and they mentioned that they'd just bought ice cream at £2.50 a go, so the Pirates obviously weren't just water based but were alive and thieving ashore too! And while I'm on the subject of Buccaneers don't forget that September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day, so that's something to which to look forward (I try never to end a sentence with a preposition, as this is something up with which I will not put!).

I learned several things today. One of the things I learned is that I like TK, who I think will turn out to be a good friend (already has, to be honest), the other is that you should put your hat on before your forehead starts to hurt after being in the blazing sun for hours! Owwwwwwwww! To dull the pain I'm having to use cold bottles of Budweiser from the fridge (remember kids, it's I before E except in Budweiser) pressed against my forehead. Except they warm up quickly so I have to keep opening new ones. And it'd be a waste to just pour out the contents ..........

No comments:

Post a Comment