Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Post-Evensong pub conversations

I’ve just remembered another one of the conversations in the pub after Evensong on Sunday involved the phrase “lactating bitch”. Draw your own conclusions!

And that reminds me, are you sitting comfortably? I feel a war story coming on! About 20 years ago in an post-Evensong fluid replacement session I found myself sitting between two different conversations where I could literally turn to my left and listen to fellow choir members talking about Palestrina, or turn to my right where I could listen to other choir members (mostly female I should add) talking about scrotums (or should that be scrotae?) and "the smell of spunk".

All life is here!

This may be a recurrent theme .......

ps one of the people in the "lactating bitch" conversation is a vet!

No comments:

Post a Comment