Friday, June 09, 2006

Mirabile dictu, and other stuff

I was late arriving at choir practice last night, which is most unlike me. I hate being late. I had good reason though. Having been on the market for all of 11 days we've had a verbal offer on the house, followed by a written one this morning, subject to survey! Hurrah! We've accepted (verbally) and the survey has been arranged for Monday afternoon, but it won't be a problem, the house is less than three years old. So, it looks like things are moving quite quickly. The actual reason I was late was that the female of the couple who've made the offer (a nice couple) wanted to come back and show her mother the house at 7pm. It didn't suit, but I thought it'd be rude to knock back the request, given that they had just agreed to swap a large amount of money for some bricks and mortar.

Having eventually got to the rehearsal then, I actually quite enjoyed the Mozart Missa Brevis which I hated last week! Can't explain that one, but last week I really couldn't get into it and was starting to wonder what all the fuss was about this Wolfgang whippersnapper. But last night it seemed to click for me and I enjoyed it, so I'm looking forward to Sunday morning a little bit more now. We also rehearsed, for the first (and only) time (it's for a wedding tomorrow afternoon) a piece called something like As one who has slept, by John Tavener. He really is very overrated in my opinion. It is exceptionally boring and far too long. Never mind. It's what the happy couple have requested and they bought us the music, so those who pay the piper.......... just don't ask the piper to be happy about it, that's all!

I now have to think about what I'm going to do in the short/medium term when this place transfers to the new owners, which is likely to be around the end of July (in about 6 weeks or thereabouts). I know I'm going to rent for 6 months or a year and take my time looking round for the right property to buy in the area I want, but I have one or two things to consider, and for various reasons I have to make a certain decision this weekend, largely to do with location/cost. I think I know what I'm going to do but I'll think about it for 24 hours and then let the appropriate person/people know. All a bit secretive, I know, but all will be revealed in due course.

It's now almost 1830hrs, and the sun is well and truly over the yardarm, so I can hear a bottle of gin calling me from the kitchen .......

ps not the whole bottle. Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment