Monday, December 14, 2009

Corroboration

Well, what did I tell you.  Pop over to Kelvin's Blog and read about how he cried at Elizabeth Poston's Jesus Christ the Apple Tree during Choral Evensong yesterday.  Just like I said in my previous post, a fantastic piece and obviously beautifully performed on the night.

And I note with interest and some pleasure that he has praise for Choral Evensong in the Cathedral.  I couldn't agree more.  It's the best of services and has been sung relatively unchanged since the 17th century.

Oh, and the carol service with Glasgow Chamber Choir at Hyndland Parish Church went well, and all beautifully directed by our stand-in conductor Noel, a choir member and all round fantastic musician.  We are lucky to have his skills on tap, both vocally and while waving his arms on occasions.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your Advent services are going well. I really miss all of this. So, I'm going to try again - this time as http://lordblockflote.blogspot.com/
    Best, George

    ReplyDelete