Monday, April 27, 2009

Trip to Tighnabruaich


Trip to Tighnabruaich, originally uploaded by Lay Clerk.

A brief stop off at Tarsan Dam during a 150 mile round trip across the ferry from Gourock to Dunoon, around to Tighnabruaich, and up round to Strachur then back to Glasgow on Sunday morning.

The judicious use of a fence post and the self timer allowed this rare photo of me with the bike, rather than just the bike!

I really must get round to doing more trips this summer. After all, what makes riding the bike all year round worth it, is the extra enjoyment of riding in good dry weather for a brief period in the Scottish summer!

If you follow the link by clicking on the photo, I think it should take you to my Flickr site, and from there you can see a few other images from Argyll at the weekend. It really is such spectacular scenery, that it makes me slightly less jealous of a former school friend, AS, who now lives in Tucson Arizona and with her husband enjoys long motorcycle rides in the desert (as well as an host of other outdoor activities). She sent me some stunning photos recently. Glad she's doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment