Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Destiny

Went to my induction session at the local gym this evening. It was fine, and the equipment they have is pretty modern and impressive looking. And thankfully most of it is idiot-proof in a "press that button to start, and that button to stop" sort of way.

But get this. After it seemed like I was destined not to ever get to the gym I thought things seemed to be sorted, but they're closing for two weeks starting this weekend for refurbishment! So rather than sign up and start paying a Direct Debit now, I've decided it would make more sense to wait until they reopen, otherwise I'd be paying for half a month I wouldn't be able to use. I've completed the paperwork and they've even given me a membership card, but I won't be able to use it for a few weeks yet.

Ah well, I'll get there in the end!

1 comment:

  1. Your tenacity knows no bounds, Mr Lay Clerk - I am most impressed and inspired by your sheer determination and stickability (yup - I know ALL the right jargon !). Before we know it you'll be fit for anything (and everything!) - roll on Christmas !!

    (Thank you for calling by - always good to see you). x

    ReplyDelete