Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bring on the good times

It's been planned for quite a while, but suddenly it seems to be rushing towards me and will happen very soon.

I'm off on holiday next Saturday for a couple of weeks in San Diego, California, and I'll be staying with my wee brother and his family. They've lived there for a few years now, but I've never managed to get my act together enough to visit, and in fact have never been to the United States, although I visited them when they lived in Dubai.

I'm really looking forward to it, particularly after the emotional ups and downs of the past couple of weeks or so, although I'm hoping Elmo will cope OK with being confined in the cattery on his own rather than being with Ernie as has been the case every time in the past. I'm looking forward to spending time with my brother and his family in some good weather, prior to them coming back home to the Scottish weather permanently next year.

Another good thing is that RE is heading to New Zealand in a couple of days time for a holiday and will make a stopover at Los Angeles on the way back so we can spend a few days together in San Diego. I'm really looking forward to that.

On a less good note, I was trying to synchronise my mobile phone with Outlook on my PC this afternoon and the PC froze. I eventually had to just use the off switch, but when I switched it back on a few minutes later it powered up, but there was nothing on the display on the monitor, and the red light showing hard drive usage was permanently illuminated. Basically it doesn't seem to be booting up. I don't really have time to look at it right now, but I'd better do it soon. So now I'm using the laptop, and have checked that I have a copy on it of the email booking confirmation for my flights next week! Fortunately everything sent to my primary email address, which gets downloaded to Outlook on my (sick) desktop PC, is also copied to a Hotmail address so I can access it from anywhere.

4 comments:

  1. Well, tally-ho to you! Look up that Monocle fellow if you're in his area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I think he hangs out some 1700 miles away from my destination, but if the aircraft flies over him I'll be sure to wave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure to enjoy that beautiful Californian climate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time Lay Clerk - us'll be thinking of you, lazing in the sun, miles n miles n miles away from all this gentle (?) soft (?) Scottish clime........ Loadsnloadsaluv.... x

    ReplyDelete