Thursday, July 06, 2006

Phew, what a scorcher!

What a glorious day it's been. Far too warm to be working though! Ten of us from work decided to decamp at lunchtime and miss out on the normal canteen food (which is actually not too bad). We went to Jimmy Chungs in Stirling and ate as much as we could from the buffet, accompanied by lashings of Coke (we were working after all, although the beer was very tempting), and all for five whole pounds (after discount). You can't beat it!

On the way home it rained though, and right now it's still oppressively warm, but very dull and overcast. Thunder looms I suspect. The cats will not be pleased.

On another note, this is the first Thursday of the choir summer holiday and right now I'd usually be in the middle of rehearsal, but instead I'm realising that there really is bugger-all on TV on a Thursday! And that's with all the Sky satellite channels (apart from the pay-extra sport ones) so God alone knows how one would cope if you only had council-telly! Hey, what am I saying? I'm about to be reduced to, at best, Freeview, because the flat I'm going to be moving to doesn't accommodate Sky. Oh well, even more Websurfing might be the order of the day, so perhaps I'll make more progress in researching my family tree, and I'll update my real Website, and ........... ooh, the possibilities are almost endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment